Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 1

I have decided to become a teacher because of the positive influence  many of my teachers had on me during my high school career. They took an interest and me and genuinely cared about me. I also had a volleyball coach that always told me that it wasn't about me, but it was about giving back to the next generation. I want to teach because I want to give back and be that positive influence on the students in my classroom. Technology is something that I do not understand very well. It generally makes me very frustrated and I dont use it very often in my everyday life. Any technology beyond using my phone and checking my email makes me nervous. However, I am really looking forward to this class so I can become more comfortable with technology and be able to use it in my classroom. There are so many benefits of using smartboards and programs like MATlab to help explain abstract math concepts and I'm looking forward to being able to use those tools to help my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment